Anssi Mähönen, Project manager in FutureEdu
PhD (Molecular Medicine)
Senior Lecturer (Biomedical laboratory science), Savonia University of Applied Sciences
Over 20 years’ experience in Molecular Medicine (gene therapy, gene therapy vectors), Molecular biology and Biomedical laboratory Science. In addition strong experience in higher education, RDI work, international co-operation and project leading.
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical laboratory Science
- Master degree in Biotechnology and Molecular Biology,
- Doctoral degree in Molecular Medicine
- Qualified teacher in higher education
- I have more than 13 years’ work experience in RDI (Molecular Medicine). I have worked in the A.I. Virtanen Institute, University of Eastern Finland, Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine.
- My subject of Doctoral Thesis was “The challenge of enhanced and long-term baculovirus-mediated gene expression in vertebrate cells”. See my doctoral thesis: http://epublications.uef.fi/pub/urn_isbn_978-952-61-0022-7/
- I have also studied virus like- particles (VLPs) in vaccine development in the University of Tampere.
- I have also worked as an Assistant Research Manager in the Research department of Ark Therapeutics Oy
- 7 years’ work experience in higher education (Biomedical laboratory science). I have been as a senior lecturer in Biomedical Laboratory Science in Savonia University of Applied Science
- I have done international co-operation
- Joint degree/joint semester – Austria (FH Campus Wien, University of Applied Science)
- Joint teaching – Austria (Salzburg University of Applied Science)
- Cooperation in BMLS – China (SUMHS, Shanghai University of Medicine and Health Sciences)
- Worked as a project manager in several projects (national and international) (e.g. Heli-project, Food Testlab-project , Baculogenes-project)
My expertise for the project:
Because of my background, I have learned to operate a process-like, in an organized manner and to bring matters to a conclusion in accordance with the objectives of project. I have good co-operation, team and interaction skills. In addition, previous project management and leading experience and strong international experience are also benefits for the successful project management. I have experience in project management from University, University of Applied Sciences and private company.
My extensive experience and knowledge in Biomedical Laboratory Science, RDI and higher education support the project objectives.
“Strong multiprofessional knowledge, cooperation and international development – The way to success”
Sirkka-Liisa Halimaa, project expert
Savonia University of Applied Sciences
- Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Science
- Master of Health Care, Degree program Teacher of Health Care
- Licentiate of Health Sciences
- PhD, Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Degree Program in Management and Development
- Education in project management
Since 1988 I have been working as a lecturer at Savonia in degree program in Medical Laboratory Science. Fields of teaching include clinical chemistry and hematology, clinical physiology, neurophysiology and nuclear medicine. I started as a principal lecturer 1998 and have been in charge of the degree program and part of the time also responsible for the leading of the diagnostics team.
The subject of my dissertation was the pain of a premature baby. I have published several international and national articles and participated in numerous conferences. I have long experience in curriculum and education development in the national and international level. In this project, my expertise is particularly the educational development of virtual learning environments.
The curriculum work and the development of education I have done at national level as well as at the National Board of Education and Ministry of Education and Culture. In particular, planning, implementation and development of the satellite training and education model was an important development challenge for 2014 – 2017. This development work continues in the FutureEdu project and takes education to a next level.
Cooperation between education and working life is increasingly important at the Savonia University of Applied Sciences. Effective working life cooperation is also key to the success of this project. In my work, I have developed these contacts for many years. I have been committed to the project since the application stage. I am familiar with the objectives and content of the project. I feel that I have supported project in many different dimensions, and not just in theory, but also by discussing, planning, making and guiding the project forward in collaboration with the project team and project manager.